Hydrogen has a key role in the race to achieve a successful transition to net zero, but as hydrogen technologies rapidly evolve it is essential that those working with hydrogen are equipped with the knowledge and skills to do so safely. While hydrogen has been used by industries for over 100 years across a number of sectors, it is critical that awareness of hydrogen hazards is known so precautions can be taken to ensure a safe working environment and the design of reliable hydrogen systems.
Download our OnDemand webinar below and hear from our experts Kees Van Wingerden and Mireia Amigo as they share their expert insights on how to ensure a safe future for hydrogen in the new energy landscape.
The masterclass will address the following aspects:
- Hydrogen safety basics
- How to prevent leakages and the limitations of cloud build-up using key design principles
- What do we know about the ignition of hydrogen and what can we do to prevent this from happening
- What technical solutions exist to prevent hydrogen from detonating
- How to protect equipment from a jet fire to prevent escalation
- Other hazards: BLEVES and RPTs of liquified hydrogen
During the presentation Kees will share results from research carried out to develop methodologies for hydrogen safety assessments and reduce uncertainties.
This webinar is a preamble of next year's FEUGA. Fundación Universidad Empresa Gallega plenary sessions on hydrogen safety and is jointly organised by Vysus Group and Seminario Seveso.