Use the wealth of readily accessible data to enhance your submarine cable installation.
Our service enables cable developers, investors and insurers to optimally assess the quality, status and ongoing risk of an as-installed submarine power cable.
We help specify the raw and processed data required from all stages of your cable lay, trench and protection activities. This data can then be automatically streamed from vessels during offshore installation operations, augmented by observations and reports from our specialist offshore client representatives.
Analysing metocean conditions
We use our proprietary CableQC web application to integrate and analyse the data. We look at this together with information relating to seabed hazards, seabed mobility, vessel traffic, fishing activity and the impact of severe meteorological conditions, particularly in shallow water.
CableQC provides you with concise risk profiles. These clearly present a risk analysis and assessment over the entire length of each cable. The risk assessment can be repeated at regular intervals or following intervention, remediation or survey work. This allows the cable operator to monitor the change in cable status over time.
You can use your risk profiles to:
- inform operational insurance premium profiles
- manage operations and maintenance spend
- enhance the performance of cable installation vessels, lay and trench systems.
Download our whitepaper and learn:
- how to maximise the value of available data for your subsea power cable installation
- about cable insurance and claims challenges
- how best to assess, present and visualise risk.