We act as a partner to operators and regulators in addressing their environmental challenges.
Governments globally set regulations to preserve, protect and improve the quality of the environment and promote the prudent, rational use of resources. In the energy sector, this means reducing as far as possible the risk of major accidents and pollution.
We understand the key environmental issues you face, including planning for forthcoming regulatory changes, we're here to de-risk your operation and limit the consequence of incidents.
We also assist regulators, including when writing new environmental regulations.
Assessments, audits and studies
- Environmental impact identification (ENVID), environment risk assessment (ERA), due diligence and specialist studies, including environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and development of best available techniques (BAT).
- Independent audit, assurance and verification services, covering corporate, regulatory and supply chain requirements.
- Specialist environmental assessment studies and quality control (QC) assessment, including reviewing field survey data and underwater noise assessments.
- Specialist risk assessments for chemical hazard assessment, risk management and produced water, and oil spill modelling.
- Help with managing and maintaining permits, licences, authorisations and consents.
- Developing and implementing integrated and stand-alone HSSE management systems, environmental case documents, policies, processes and procedures.
Data assurance and reporting
- Data verification and reporting for operational, corporate and regulatory purposes, covering financial responsibility, GHG emissions, non-financial corporate reporting, laboratory data, and waste, produced water and process chemicals information.
- Managing subcontractors for projects requiring raw data from sampling, analysis and other specialist inputs.
- Establish minimum conditions for the safe exploration and exploitation of natural resources and sources of renewable energy;
- Increase the protection of the environment and dependent economies against pollution;
- Improve responses in case of an accident;
- Demonstrate financial responsibility for major oil spill incidents.