Our drilling rig surveys and inspections provide visibility on the condition of equipment and systems to help you safely reduce down time, failure and cost.
For your drilling equipment and campaign to run smoothly and safely, you must avoid failure and mitigate factors that result in non-productive time. Prolonging a well program because of issues with equipment or systems adds further burden to the budget, causing cost overruns.
Ensuring that your drilling equipment, systems and unit are operable, well maintained and comply with applicable standards and regulations is key to achieving cost efficient, reliable and safe operations.
Our drilling rig surveys and inspections, for both offshore and onshore rigs, can be conducted in person or delivered in real time remotely through Vysus Group SecondSight™, providing you with an overview of the condition of the rig equipment and systems.
Whether you’re a drilling contractor or an oil and gas operator, we help you prevent unnecessary delays before mobilising rigs, reduce non-productive down time (NPT) and diminish interruptions in the drilling schedule that could arise due to unforeseen issues such as malfunctions.
- Full rig condition survey
- Selection survey
- Compliance survey
- Value assessment
- Acceptance survey
- Dropped-objects survey
- Critical equipment survey
Safe operation is as important as a reliable one; we ensure equipment is up to standard and complaint. Our comprehensive check list which, where applicable, references standards and regulations such as API, ASME, Norsok and US Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), can be tailored to suit your individual project needs.
If you’re looking to select a rig for a specified well programme or even to purchase a rig, we can assess its condition as part of your due diligence, allowing you to make a more accurate, risk free decision before you commit to contract or purchase.
- Full visibility of rig condition
- Achieve significant cost savings by reducing NPT, failure risk and project delays by focusing on critical equipment
- Demonstrate regulatory compliance
- Improve drilling safety
- Prevent unnecessary delays before mobilising rigs
- Understand rig suitability for pre-bid/pre-hire criteria
- Demonstrate asset condition to potential financiers/investor
- Increase the frequency between turnarounds while reducing the number of inspections.