International oil and gas operator
Our client was decommissioning several of its offshore assets in the North Sea. The operating company asked us to help with planning support, ensuring each project was as efficient and successful as possible. A thoroughly integrated approach was required.
How we helped
Our planning helped to effectively prepare and execute the decommissioning projects, addressing any potential conflicts. We provided support in two main areas.
- Deterministic schedule build
We created schedules based on the knowledge of our client’s in-house engineers and by collaborating with all third-party contractors. We held regular reviews with the project teams to update status and consider potential re-scheduling, if necessary.
- Project governance
All scheduling work was carried out to our client’s governance process. This included the timely delivery of all supporting assessments.
Through close collaboration with the client and its partners, we delivered:
- integrated build and management of schedules to client procedures
- progress measurement and reporting, with corrective actions highlighted for any slippage
- schedule forecasting to advise teams and prevent or reduce potential risk events
- early identification and reporting of any potential risk impact to the schedule and, as a consequence, potential additional cost to our client
- productivity analysis and calculations, including earned-value analysis.
We ensured that the decommissioning projects undertaken were successfully completed as efficiently as practicable. Our work provided the client with:
- critical planning support
- schedule forecasts
- performance analysis
- risk identification
- impact on schedule.
This project was carried out by Lloyd’s Register (LR) Energy, prior to the strategic carve out of the LR Energy business in 2020, which is now Vysus Group.