1. On a scale of 1 to 5, how sustainable are you daily?
Probably a 3 or 4.
2. Give an example of the one thing you do to be sustainable
I recycle as much as I can around the home and at work.
3. Who is your sustainable ‘inspiration’?
I’m inspired by anyone who sticks to their principles.
4. What does the world need to become more sustainable right now?
5. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t stop running.
6. Could you live ‘off grid’ for a whole year?
Yes, and if I could convince my wife and kids I would be now.
7. What three sustainable items would you want on a desert island?
A book on how to survive, a fishing rod and a pot to cook with.
8. If you could rid the world of one thing that is environmentally detrimental, what would it be?
Two things (closely linked though), dis and misinformation.
9. What one step could each of us make right now to be more sustainable?
We need to work better together in smaller communities with more realistic sustainability goals. Focusing on solving a ‘global crisis’ will always result in personal disengagement because of the feeling that we can never do enough. However, in smaller communities we really can enact visible change which provides us with the positive feedback to do better.