Join us at IPEIA 2023 for a one day introduction to API 580
Date and time: Monday, February 27, 2023 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, AB - room details to follow
Cost: A $100 minimum donation to a specified charity.
This one day course is designed to give an overview and provide detailed insight into the key elements for effectively developing, implementing and evergreening an effective Risk Based Inspection program.
The program will cover the following:
- The layout and structure of API 580
- Historical and regulatory context of Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Basic concepts of risk assessments
- Key elements required to successfully implement a RBI using API 580
Who should attend?
Managers, engineers and senior inspectors who are managing or planning to implement an RBI program.
This training will also be beneficial for inspectors who are in possession of API 510, 570, or 653 inspection certifications.
Individuals who are aiming to obtain the API 580 certification can utilize this course to support their exam preparation efforts.
- Background of and introduction to RBI
- Planning the RBI assessment
- Data and information collection
- Identify damage mechanism and failure modes
- Probability of failure
- Consequence of failure
- Risk determination
- Risk mitigation activities
- Update risk assessments
- RBI documentation and recording
- Each participant is required to bring a printed or electronic copy of API RP 580 3rd Edition 2016
- Eight continuous professional development hours
- Certification of participation
Instructor: Bastian Zars, Asset Integrity Manager, Training Manager Americas, Vysus Group
Bastian is the Asset Integrity Manager for the Calgary office in Canada as well as the Training Manager for the Americas. He has 11 years of work experience in implementing and maintaining over 40 RBI projects and programs. Bastian has a vast knowledge of design & construction code requirements including standards such as ASME, API, and various other regulatory requirements such as AB-505 and AB-506. He is API 580, 510, 570, 1169 certified.